Monday, May 5, 2014
Emei Qigong with Mater Fu Weizhong
Emei Qigong is a great treasure-offering to the world from the Emei Linji Chan Lineage of Chinese Buddhism. Held in secret for almost 800 years, reserved only for the monastic Chan community, this wisdom tradition has been passed down through an unbroken lineage. Only in the past 10 years, in a historical and revolutionary act of expansive compassion and generosity, have the jewels of understanding in this tradition been revealed to the world’s lay population. It embraces a comprehensive system of teachings and practices particularly relevant to the challenges of the modern world by promoting physical health and healing, emotional balance, and the development of higher levels of awareness to help awaken to one’s True Nature.
Emei Qigong is taught only by Emei Masters and teachers recognized by Grand Master Fu Weizhong, 13th Lineage Head of the Emei Linji Chan School of Chinese Buddhism. It is unique in that it includes all forms of Qigong yet transcends the limits inherent in each of them—Spiritual Qigong, Medical Qigong, Martial Qigong and Performance Qigong. The highest form of Qigong awakens the understanding of how to, first, skillfully and harmoniously journey through the relative, material world and, second, realize our own True Nature and the nature of the universe. The methods of Emei Qigong unleash one’s natural meta-intelligence—that which exists beyond our mundane level of intelligence—to give rise to the expression of our highest human potential.
What specific practices and teachings are offered in Emei Qigong trainings?
- Internal and movement practices to heal and maintain the health of the body, balance the emotions, and expand the mind and our view of self and reality
- Internal and movement practices that delete negative thinking, so that positive thinking can naturally arise
- Internal and movement practices that help us cultivate greater compassion, peace, comfort, and capacity to adapt to changing external conditions
- Methods to skillfully liberate us from the influence of difficult events in the past, and to give rise to good thinking and a more unencumbered, joyful, generous way of interacting with the world
- Practices that balance physiological functions and powerfully transform unhealthy physical patterns
- Teachings and practices to effectively utilize food and food therapy as a basic condition for our health and happiness
- Healing methods that can be easily learned and are highly effective when applied to oneself and or to others
- Practices that balance the influences we are born with that drive physiological patterns and mental habits
- Methods to adjust personal and environmental fengshui to create beneficial internal and external conditions for our life
- Teachings that offer insights into the laws of nature in our universe and demonstrate how to live in harmony with them